From the kitchen of Derros Bloodmoon
Scrumptious chocolate marbled cheesecake filling on a chocolate cookie crumb crust.
Yield: 8 servings Portion: 1 slice
- 8 oz (2 cups) Chocolate cookie crumbs
- 4 oz (½ cup) Butter, melted
- 3 Eggs, large
- 1 lb (2 cups) Cream cheese, softened
- 5 oz (1 cup) Sugar, confectioners
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1½ lb (3 cups) Sour Cream
- 4 oz (½ cup) Chocolate Syrup
1. In bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter; mix well.
2. In 9-inch springform pan, press mixture onto bottom and sides of the pan.
3. In large bowl, beat the eggs.
4. Add cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt; beat until smooth.
5. Add sour cream; blend well.
6. Divide cream cheese mixture in half. Pour half of the mixture into crust-lined pan.
7. In bowl, combine remaining cream cheese mixture with chocolate syrup; blend well.
8. Pour chocolate mixture over cream cheese mixture in pan to create a marbled effect.
9. Bake in preheated 350°F (177°C) oven 60 to 70 minutes or until edges are set.
10. Cool completely.
11. Refrigerate at least 4 hours prior to serving.
12. To serve, cut into 8 pieces. Place each piece in center of individual dessert plate; drizzle with additional syrup. Garnish, as desired.