1)Four common date blunders include showing up late, talking about yourself too much, revealing too much about your ex, and being way too eager.
2) Love can exert the same amount of stress on your body as deep fear. You see the same physiological responses – pupil dilation, sweaty palms, and increased heart rate.
3) The term “love” is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘lubhyati’, meaning “desire.”
4) Engagement rings are often worn on the fourth finger of the left hand because the ancient Greeks maintained that the finger contains the Vena Amoris, or the “vein of love”, which runs straight to the heart.
5) Seminal fluid can potentially contribute to romantic love. Reports suggest that the liquid that surrounds the sperm contains dopamine (“the pleasure chemical”) and norepinephrine as well as tyrosine, an amino acid the brain needs to manufacture dopamine. So if you swallow…..? Hehehehe!
6) Roses are a traditional symbol of love and, depending on their color, can suggest different nuances of love. For example, red roses indicate passion and true love. Light pink suggests desire, passion, and energy; dark pink suggests gratitude. Yellow roses can mean either friendship or jealousy. A lavender or thornless rose can mean love at first sight. White roses mean virtue or devotion. Some roses even combine colors to create more complicated meanings.
7)Some individuals who claim to have never felt romantic love before may suffer from a condition called, hypopituitarism, a rare disease that doesn’t allow an individual to feel the rapture and pleasure of love.
8) The despair associated with unrequited love is associated with plummeting levels of dopamine. To increase dopamine, rejected lovers should exercise. Sunlight is another mood lifter, and smiling also activates nerve pathways that can give feelings of pleasure.
9) The average male will spend approximately two entire WEEKS of his life on kissing alone! :O
10) Antidepressants may compromise romantic love because they enhance serotonin levels. Higher serotonin levels dull the emotions and inhibit obsessive thoughts of the one you love most. Both are crucial components of love.